In advance of Friday’s 5 Seconds of Summer show at the Fillmore, we have put together a list of answers to frequently asked questions in an effort to help the event run smoothly.
Please call or email customer service if you have further questions.
1. No lining up before 10am on Friday, April 11th will be allowed. When you arrive at or after 10am on Friday, you will be given a numbered wristband that will hold your place in line. You must keep the wristband with you throughout the day, and be in line with your wristband by the time doors open at 7pm. There will be no saving places in line for friends arriving later. One wristband per person. (All patrons arriving before 10am on Friday will be asked to return at the proper time.)
2. No bathrooms will be available before doors open at 7pm. There are several nearby businesses open in the neighborhood whose bathrooms are available to customers.
3. As we have seen an increase in crime in the neighborhood lately, we encourage all patrons to not leave anything in their car, and to keep all valuables, including phones, in a safe place while walking to the venue or waiting in line.
4. There is no public wi-fi inside or outside the venue.
5. There will be a bag check by security at the venue entrance. Items that may possibly harm another patron, or be used to damage the venue will not be allowed inside. This includes markers, stickers, and large signs.
6. Any gifts brought for the band will be collected at the door and are not allowed into the venue.
7. Small personal compact cameras, mobile phones and similar devices are allowed. No “professional” cameras with large or detachable lenses will be permitted. No video or audio recording is permitted.
8. For will call tickets — If your tickets were purchased with someone else’s credit card (parent’s, friend’s, etc.), your account will be in their name. Ticketmaster will add an “alternate pick-up name” to the account so that the attendee can collect the tickets at will call. Please do this in advance. Government-issued ID is required to pick up tickets. If you bought tickets from an agency other than us, our ability to solve ticketing issues is very limited. Only Live Nation/Ticketmaster is the authorized seller.